Thursday, September 17, 2009

Besetting Sins

 1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, (Hebrews 12:1, King James Version)

Why do some sins dog us so persistently?

Why do they cling to us with such a fierce tenacity?

Perhaps its because that is where we are the weakest and that is where Satan will come at us.

I know that since I came back to God, some sin habits went away, but others remain.

It really is disheartening at times.

1 comment:

  1. We are all sinners and God loves and forgives us for these sins. When you become a Christian this does not mean that you will be sin free, what it means is that you will be trying your best to stop sinning and that you will know that you are sinning versus a non-Christian not knowing they are sinning. You just have to ask God to help you to control and stop the sinning. And yes it may take years for you to stop it or it may take minutes or days. It is something that we must put up with everyday. This is what makes you a Christian. So rejoice in the sins you no longer do and rejoice in that you are trying to stop the others, God loves you and forgives you and he knows that deep in your heart that you are trying and each time you know that you have commited a sin, just ask God for forgiveness. He will forgive you and soon you will find peace and the sinning will happen less and less often until you will someday find that you will have a sin free day. But we are sinners and we will continue to sin because we are not perfect, it is how you act after you have sinned that is what God sees.

    "Forgive me Father for I have sinned. I know son and I forgive you." Rejoice in his forgivesness and work harder to not do it again, but know that you will be forgiven if you ask for the forgiveness after admitting you have sinned. I think this is one of the greatest things we can do....to learn to accept God's gift of forgiveness and forgive ourselves and accept the forgiveness of those we have sinned against.

    I hope that this makes sense to you and helps you. Please let me know. I do read my comments even though I am on break.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

 

Travel