Friday, August 28, 2009

God Really Does Direct Our Paths




I didn't used to believe so, but the older I get the more I find myself looking back at all the times that God has intervened and directed the course of my life.

When I was six, my mom, my dad, and I lived in a trailer that destroyed the trailer in which we lived. Dad was thrown across the street and landed on his feet. Mom and I were thrown out in the backyard and a piece of tin landed on us, forming a barrier against all the debris flying around. The only injuries we had were a cut on my knee and a cut on mom's forehead.

Then there was the time I was sitting in front of a window with a thunder storm coming up. I got up for some reason or other and just a few seconds later a lightning bolt came through the window, right where I was sitting, and struck the TV.

The point is that God is in control and everything and works all things to his purpose.

If he hadn't protected me then, I wouldn't be here now writing this to praise and glorify him. And I certainly wouldn't be here come Sunday morning to teach Sunday School.


Just as God directed Jonah to Nineveh, he also directs the course of our lives.

Free Counters

Free Counter


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Travel